ChalkboardFounded in 2017, Accent is a biopharmaceutical company developing oncology-focused small molecule therapies in the field of epitranscriptomics. Epitranscriptomics is an emergent area of biology relating to post-transcriptional modifications of RNA that provide cells a unique mechanism to regulate proteins critical for cellular growth and differentiation.
Our people are Accent. Their rigor2, patient focus, resolute purpose, adventurous spirits and contagious enthusiasm are what drive us forward.
We are asking our employees to help change the world and are committed to providing them with the tools and benefits they need to be their best and do their best.
Be healthy: Medical, dental and vision insurance – day one.
401(k) plan: we offer a competitive 401(k) plan to help give you confidence as you plan ahead.
Peace of mind: disability benefits and life insurance.
You are Accent, and you own a part of its success: equity awards for all full-time employees.
Take breaks, get away and recharge: paid vacation time and holidays are encouraged and respected.
Commuting: Driving to work? We’ll take care of parking. Taking public transit? We’ll cover that too. Want to walk, bike or kayak? We love that and offer a cash incentive for those who commute creatively.
Work healthy: All workstations have sit-to-stand features, and everyone is welcome to grab a balance board and keep moving while at their desk.
Eat healthy: regular company lunches provided for you to enjoy (and keep brainstorming) with your co-workers as well as a kitchen full of snacks and coffee.
Celebrate with your colleagues: we celebrate each others work and accomplishments every day. We also never miss a Pi Day.
Stay healthy: our new office features a fitness center as well as walking and bike paths.
We are looking for driven, creative individuals to accentuate our team!
+-Research Operations Technician
As a key member of the Research and Development (R&D) team reporting to the Manager of Research Operations, this role will have a broad overview of all laboratory operations at Accent Therapeutics. Key responsibilities will involve maintaining the daily needs of the laboratory and addressing the needs of the scientific team to enhance scientific discovery. This position offers opportunities to learn additional laboratory skills and expand career development opportunities for exceptional candidates.
- Maintain the general laboratory environment and directly liaise with facilities;
- Ensure the proper storage and disposal of biological and chemical waste;
- Order and restock laboratory consumables and reagents;
- Manage the maintenance of laboratory equipment and create standard operating procedures for shared equipment;
- Perform routine quality control of biological samples and lab equipment;
- Coordinate with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) to ensure that all safety protocols are followed in the lab; conduct routine safety inspections along with EHS personnel;
- Oversee the shipping and receiving of hazardous and non-hazardous shipments;
- Work with the purchasing team and vendors to procure lab equipment and supplies and manage inventory receipts;
- Support the sample management group by weighing and distributing samples to internal and external groups.
Qualifications and skills:
High school diploma is required; associate degree preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to work independently
- Open to growth and working in cross functional roles
- Previous experience in the operation and maintenance of laboratory or other complex or sensitive equipment is beneficial
- Have a basic knowledge of laboratory safety protocols or experience in other restricted environments
- Proficiency with personal computers and Office 365 environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment with a collaborative and proactive attitude
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Accent values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Accent will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume to HR@accenttx.com.
Note to Third Party Staffing Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Accent Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
For more information or to apply, please contact HR@accenttx.com.
Want to see more of who we are? What we’ve been doing? Or the latest on a Discovery Tuesday or a Publication Friday?