ChalkboardFounded in 2017, Accent is a biopharmaceutical company developing oncology-focused small molecule therapies in the field of epitranscriptomics. Epitranscriptomics is an emergent area of biology relating to post-transcriptional modifications of RNA that provide cells a unique mechanism to regulate proteins critical for cellular growth and differentiation.
Our people are Accent. Their rigor2, patient focus, resolute purpose, adventurous spirits and contagious enthusiasm are what drive us forward.
We are asking our employees to help change the world and are committed to providing them with the tools and benefits they need to be their best and do their best.
Be healthy: Medical, dental and vision insurance – day one.
401(k) plan: we offer a competitive 401(k) plan to help give you confidence as you plan ahead.
Peace of mind: disability benefits and life insurance.
You are Accent, and you own a part of its success: equity awards for all full-time employees.
Take breaks, get away and recharge: paid vacation time and holidays are encouraged and respected.
Commuting: Driving to work? We’ll take care of parking. Taking public transit? We’ll cover that too. Want to walk, bike or kayak? We love that and offer a cash incentive for those who commute creatively.
Work healthy: All workstations have sit-to-stand features, and everyone is welcome to grab a balance board and keep moving while at their desk.
Eat healthy: regular company lunches provided for you to enjoy (and keep brainstorming) with your co-workers as well as a kitchen full of snacks and coffee.
Celebrate with your colleagues: we celebrate each others work and accomplishments every day. We also never miss a Pi Day.
Stay healthy: our new office features a fitness center as well as walking and bike paths.
We are looking for driven, creative individuals to accentuate our team!
+-Principal Scientist/Associate Director/Director, Medicinal Chemistry
As a senior medicinal chemist reporting to the Head of Chemistry, this person will implement the medicinal chemistry strategy while collaborating with a cross-functional team of scientists and lead a team of external synthetic chemistry resources to progress multiple drug discovery programs.
- Co-lead interdisciplinary project teams and work with a team of scientists to progress projects from target selection and validation through candidate selection;
- Design and oversee synthesis of novel chemical entities aimed to optimize biochemical and cell potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetic properties and in vivo efficacy;
- Contribute to execution of IP strategy in collaboration with internal and external intellectual property attorneys;
- Oversee activities at partner CROs
Qualifications and skills:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with a minimum of 7 years of medicinal chemistry experience in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Hands-on experience in successfully designing and synthesizing novel small molecule therapies;
- Extensive knowledge in the current practice and literature of synthetic and medicinal chemistry;
- Strong understanding of structure-based design, physicochemical properties, and DMPK;
- Experience with computational software, electronic notebooks and LIMS;
- Experience in co-leading discovery projects;
- Effective oral and written communication with peers and people in other functional areas;
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment;
- Knowledge and experience of fragment approaches and/or novel protein targets are desirable;
- Experience in screening and hit validation activities for enzymatic and binding assays is desirable;
- Experience in outsourcing and managing CROs is a plus;
- Experience in oncology is a plus
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Lexington, MA
Accent values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Accent will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume to HR@accenttx.com.
Note to Third Party Staffing Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Accent Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
For more information or to apply, please contact HR@accenttx.com.
Want to see more of who we are? What we’ve been doing? Or the latest on a Discovery Tuesday or a Publication Friday?