ChalkboardFounded in 2017, Accent is a biopharmaceutical company developing oncology-focused small molecule therapies in the field of epitranscriptomics. Epitranscriptomics is an emergent area of biology relating to post-transcriptional modifications of RNA that provide cells a unique mechanism to regulate proteins critical for cellular growth and differentiation.
Our people are Accent. Their rigor2, patient focus, resolute purpose, adventurous spirits and contagious enthusiasm are what drive us forward.
We are asking our employees to help change the world and are committed to providing them with the tools and benefits they need to be their best and do their best.
Be healthy: Medical, dental and vision insurance – day one.
401(k) plan: we offer a competitive 401(k) plan to help give you confidence as you plan ahead.
Peace of mind: disability benefits and life insurance.
You are Accent, and you own a part of its success: equity awards for all full-time employees.
Take breaks, get away and recharge: paid vacation time and holidays are encouraged and respected.
Commuting: Driving to work? We’ll take care of parking. Taking public transit? We’ll cover that too. Want to walk, bike or kayak? We love that and offer a cash incentive for those who commute creatively.
Work healthy: All workstations have sit-to-stand features, and everyone is welcome to grab a balance board and keep moving while at their desk.
Eat healthy: regular company lunches provided for you to enjoy (and keep brainstorming) with your co-workers as well as a kitchen full of snacks and coffee.
Celebrate with your colleagues: we celebrate each others work and accomplishments every day. We also never miss a Pi Day.
Stay healthy: our new office features a fitness center as well as walking and bike paths.
We are looking for driven, creative individuals to accentuate our team!
+-Senior Manager / Associate Director, Finance
As a key member of the Finance & Operations team reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role will have broad accounting, finance and operational finance responsibilities.
- Prepare and record regular monthly closing journal entries with supporting documentation;
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts including those related to the areas of cash, prepaid expenses and other current assets, property and equipment, accounts payable, accrued expenses, deferred rent and other liabilities;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages;
- Lead budgeting and forecasting activities working with team leaders across the company;
- Manage daily accounts payable activities, including entering, processing and paying invoices;
- Process semi-monthly payrolls, maintaining strong supporting records;
- Support HR by contributing to compensation analyses and strategy;
- Respond to ad hoc requests for financial support, including organizing and providing supporting documentation in response to independent audit requests.
Qualifications and skills:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in a finance function
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Lexington, MA
Accent values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Accent will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume to HR@accenttx.com.
Note to Third Party Staffing Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Accent Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
For more information or to apply, please contact HR@accenttx.com.
Want to see more of who we are? What we’ve been doing? Or the latest on a Discovery Tuesday or a Publication Friday?