Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information and Other Information about visitors to our Site, as described below. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information we can directly associate with a specific person without any additional information, such as an email address. “Other Information” means any information that is not Personal Information. We may combine Other Information and Personal Information, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We may also combine Personal Information or Other Information we have about you with additional information that we or third parties collect in other contexts – like when we communicate with you by email. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us via email or when you sign up to receive communications from or about Accent. We may collect information such as your:
- First and last name
- Company affiliation
- Email address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Other information you choose to provide to us in your email or in association with a job application.
Other Information. We also collect Other Information automatically when you visit our Site or receive emails from us. This may include information like your IP address and domain name, your Internet service provider, the time and duration of your visit, how you used the Site (including pages viewed and actions taken), whether you opened or read an email from us, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Site, your operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes, and your general geographic location (for example, your city, state, or metropolitan region). We collect this information using the following technologies:
- Server Logs. When you use the Site, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer or other device and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Pixel tags. The Site or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
Our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” browser headers or similar signals.
How We Use Information
We may use Personal and Other Information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Respond to your requests by email or a phone call, to fulfill the terms of any agreement we have with you, or to take actions related to our relationship with you;
- Consider your qualifications for a position at Accent if you express interest in one;
- Send you newsletters, updates, and other materials that you have signed up to receive;
- Analyze and research user experiences with our Site and emails so that we can improve user experiences and enhance our Site, emails, and other offerings;
- Prepare aggregated or de-identified information about interactions with our Site and emails; and
- Comply with any legal or regulatory requirements or to serve the other legal purposes described below in the section entitled “How We Share Information with Third Parties”;
We use Other Information for additional purposes, including to:
- Count and recognize visitors to the Site, and analyze how visitors use the Site;
- Engage in analytics as described above; and
- For any other purpose permitted by law, including any purpose for which we use Personal Information.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
We may share Personal and Other Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below:
Accent Entities. We may also share your Personal or Other Information with current or future Accent affiliates and/or subsidiaries for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
Business Partners. We may also share your Personal Information or Other Information with our business partners to fulfill your requests for service, complete a transaction that you initiate, or meet the terms of any agreement you have with us or our business partners.
Third-party service providers. We use third-party service providers to help us host, maintain, operate, and improve our Site. Acting under our instructions, these service providers may collect or use your Personal or Other Information to assist us in achieving the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use third parties to collect information about visitors to our Site and report it to us. We may also use third parties (such as Constant Contact) to send our email updates.
Legal Purposes. We may also use or share your Personal Information or Other Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation, or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violation of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
De-identified or aggregated information. We may also create and share de-identified or aggregated information about Site users, such as by creating reports on trends in the usage of the Site. This information does not identify individual users.
Reviewing and updating your information
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to:
- learn more about the information we have about you,
- update or change that information, or
- opt-out of any regular email communications you might receive from us.
You can also follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions in any email you receive from us to stop receiving email updates from us.
Information for Site users from outside the United States
The Personal Information and Other Information we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the United States. We may also subcontract the processing of your data, or otherwise share your data with, third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By accepting this Policy, using the Site, signing up for email updates, or providing information us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Links to Other Sites
This Policy covers only our Site, and does not cover third-party sites that may be accessible from our Site. Such third-party sites are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that maintain them.
Our Site has security measures in place to protect the security and privacy of any of your information that you provide to us. Notwithstanding the security protections that may be implemented by us and our hosting providers, no website is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the physical or electronic security of your information.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and Accent does not knowingly collect Personal or Other Information through the Site from anyone it knows is under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
We may change the Site or our data-handling practices in the future and therefore need to revise this Policy. We will post the revised Policy with an “effective date” that indicates when the revisions take effect. We encourage you to review this page periodically.
Questions or Unsubscribe
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or wish to access or request amendments to Personal Information that we may maintain about you, please email us at email@example.com or contact us by mail at: Accent Therapeutics, Inc.; 65 Hayden Avenue; Lexington, MA 02421